Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• Subscribe With iTunes
      Facebook Page
      Twitter
      Share/Save/Bookmark
      Subscribe

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChris
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012

Has anyone been checking out Netflix UK yet? You can get a month's free trial. I wanted to look at the selection before I sign up later, but I couldn't find a way to browse/search through the selection properly (its just showing a handful of titles in each category).

Posted by: Chris

Has anyone been checking out Netflix UK yet? You can get a month's free trial. I wanted to look at the selection before I sign up later, but I couldn't find a way to browse/search through the selection properly (its just showing a handful of titles in each category).

I did not know that they had come to the UK. Pretty rubbish marketing, or I have spent a considerable amount of time with my head up my arse, answers on a postcard. I am pretty happy with lovefilm, so I doubt I would change service providers.

•  
      CommentAuthorChris

Apparently, they have loads of different stuff, that's not on Lovefilm, and the competition should be good. I think I'm going to start with Breaking Bad Seasons 1-3. Giallo is on there too!

•  
      CommentAuthorChris

They have Universal films which I gather are not on Lovefilm.

Apparently, they have loads of different stuff, that's not on Lovefilm, and the competition should be good. I think I'm going to start with Breaking Bad Seasons 1-3. Giallo is on there too!

Giallo was on lovefilm, that is how I saw it.

It is good that they have these, this is currently the only issue I have with lovefilm.

• CommentAuthorFran

Posted by: DanceDanceDance

Giallo was on lovefilm, that is how I saw it.

It is good that they have these, this is currently the only issue I have with lovefilm.

mine too, I did hear somewhere the other day that the issue between Lovefilm and Universal has almost been resolved which would be the icing on the cake 

•  
      CommentAuthorChris
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012 edited

It looks like there's some interesting stuff on there, although the selection is limited.

1. Heaven's Gate
    2. The Siege of Firebase Gloria
    3. Funny Face
    4. The Twilight Samurai
    5. The Hidden Blade
    6. The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai
    7. Coffee & Cigarettes
    8. The Brother From Another Planet
    9. Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    10. Streets Of Fire
    11. Thief
    12. The Expendables
    13. The Bridge
    14. Bobby Fischer Against The World
    15. The Thin Blue Line
    16. Gates Of Heaven
    17. Vernon Florida
    18. Kurt & Courtney
    19. Trekkies
    20. Sweetgrass

TV

1. Twin Peaks
    2. Breaking Bad
    3. Damages
    4. Psychoville
    5. The IT Crowd
    • CommentAuthorFran
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012

interesting 

1. The Expendables

Some very liberal use of the word Interesting there Chris 

•  
      CommentAuthorChris
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012

Posted by: Fran

interesting 

1. The Expendables

When Statham stuck his shiny, spherical bonce out of the plane, I was intrigued to find out what would happen next, and delighted and surprised by the interesting outcome involving flammable liquid. There was also the symbolism of the comeuppance of a certain individual at the hands of a 'real' fighter from UFC. And there was socio-political depth of the writing, such as "he wants to be president", "I'll knock that Fu-manchu back into the 60s", and "Next time I'll deflate all your balls" 

• CommentAuthorFran
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012

Posted by: Fran

interesting 

1. The Expendables

When Statham stuck his shiny, spherical bonce out of the plane, I was intrigued to find out what would happen next, and delighted and surprised by the interesting outcome involving flammable liquid. There was also the symbolism of the comeuppance of a certain individual at the hands of a 'real' fighter from UFC. And there was socio-political depth of the writing, such as "he wants to be president", "I'll knock that Fu-manchu back into the 60s", and "Next time I'll deflate all your balls" 

•  
      CommentAuthorChris
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2012

Is it just me, or is the quality of this quite bad compared to DVD? Its not awful, but from my experience DVD is enough better to put me off bothering with this. As its not available to stream through my Blu-ray player at present, I have to go from my Macbook to HDMI in my telly. The Twin Peaks DVDs are far better than the Netflix streaming quality. Any ways to get better quality? I hear people who insist only never watching DVDs, only Blu-ray, and yet they still cream their pants over this, which is sub-DVD quality.

Add your comments
    Username Password
  • Format comments as